6.07.2010

I Couldn't Resist

I found this at the Strawberry Festival on Saturday.  It's wasn't really her name as much as the little blue forget-me-not flowers pressed onto the mat that had the tears rolling.  Those will always remind me of her, and seeing them together felt like a hug from my little girl.  

This past weekend has been really emotional.  I was honored to be asked by my friend Christine to accompany her to her ultrasound appointment.  As grateful as I was to be there, it was still hard.  I bit my tongue and sucked it up - it was an amazing moment for her, after 4 beautiful girls she's expecting a little boy, and the last thing I wanted to do was steal her joy.  So I think when I saw Leila's name at the fair, all those pent-up emotions just let loose.  Poor Christine, she didn't know what to do with me!

7 comments:

  1. Oh that is just beautiful!!! I love little signs like that.

    I recently went with my good friend to her ultrasound too, it was hard but I am so happy for her.

    Hope you have a better week ((HUGS))

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love it! It's precious and perfect like your Leila...

    I'm sure your friend Christine understood xxxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. such a wonderful strong friend you are!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. This picture is absolutely beautiful, and I'm glad you saw it and bought it.You are a sweetheart for going with your friend and upholding her and being happy for her. xxxooo

    ReplyDelete
  5. you are a wonderful friend to go with her to her ultrasound *hugs*

    ReplyDelete
  6. I saw that there was a Strawberry Fest going on around your parts b/c we went up to Findlay for the wkend. There were strawberries painted on the grass near the highway. It def made me want some strawberries!

    I love what you picked up for Leila!

    ReplyDelete