5.25.2008

A Prayer for the Chapman Family

I have to say, I've disputed blogging about this for days. But my heart is so heavy right now. Hearing that Steven Curtis Chapman, the popular Contemporary Christian artist, lost one of his daughters this week has kept me in very frequent contact with God.

For those of you who aren't familiar with Steven, besides being a talented singer/songwriter, he has made it his life's work to promote international adoption through his organization Shaohannah's Hope. He has been such a driving force in exposing the world to the number of children in underdeveloped countries in need of loving homes. And he's worked hard to provide support, both financial and spiritual, to families going through the international adoption process.

So it's heartbreaking that one of his daughters went to be with Jesus so early in her life. My prayers are with that whole family. I hope that yours are, too.

1 comment:

  1. Although I don't doubt that people who promote international adoption have good intentions, I wonder how did a billion-dollar industry that tears families apart ever become an acceptable Christian cause?

    ReplyDelete