7.05.2010

Paleo - The First Three Days

I may be jumping on another bandwagon here, but you have to give me credit - when I do it, it's with both feet and no reservations.

I'm committing to the Paleo Diet for 30 days.  In a nutshell, it's no processed foods, no grains, no dairy, (no fun), easy on the fruit, eating like Grok would have ate. 

So far I'm okay with that.  Day 1 sucked badly with a major, major headache, the likes of which I'd never experienced before.  Yesterday (day 2) was better, no physical ailments, but emotionally I'm a "witch with a B".  Today, a little better.  Still a bit testy.  Could be because it's 90 frickin' degrees in Troy, Ohio and we are bereft of climate control?  Hmmm, maybe.

No, what makes me nervous now is fasting.  According to (snort) evolution, our bodies were designed to go for periods of time without nourishment.  Understandable, Grok couldn't have felled a brontosaurus every day, now could he?  Ergo, the 24-hour fast.

I'm a hypoglocemic.  Or at least I was in my past life.  If I didn't have a fairly steady supply of glucose/fructose in my bloodstream, I'd get dizzy, fidgety, and majorly witchy. 

So I guess fasting is going to be my litmus test with paleo. 

Without further ado, what you've all been anxiously awaiting.....

BEFORE PICTURES!!!


(Tiger couldn't resist the photo op...)

No comments:

Post a Comment