10.24.2008

Me First Meme

Okay, my bud Tricia is thinking my life isn't quite as purechaos as hers, so she's giving me some homework (gee, Thanks!!!)

So I'm tagging Debbie, Julie, my anonymous Indian friend (sorry, you still haven't told me your name!), MacMommy, and Thaleia. Let's see whatcha got, ladies!

* Five Things I Plan To Do Before I Die:

1. Take my son on a hot air balloon ride.
2. Learn to ride a motorcycle.
3. Take a photography class.
4. Visit every state in the continental US on an RV trip with my sister (we'll probably be Golden Agers by the time we can afford it!)
5. Go back for another winter trip to Niagara Falls with Yasar.


* Five Things I Can Do:

1. Change my own flat tire.
2. Drive a stick shift.
3. Sniff out poop from a distance of about 25 feet (a great trick picked up from the nursing home).
4. Crochet
5. Kiss boo-boos away.


* Five Things I Can't Do:
1. Stay out of the bath tub.
2. Sit still for an entire 2-hour DVD in the house (halfway through I'll start doing dishes or something).
3. Be an extrovert.
4. Go for a week without talking to my mom.
5. Run the Boston Marathon

* Five Things That Attract Me To The Opposite Sex:

1. Confidence combined with a little vulnerability.
2. Olive skin and a big nose.
3. Solid moral base.
4. Ability to think outside the box.
5. Good conversationalist.

* Five Things I Say Most Often:

1. "Thank you for calling (redacted) Pizza, will this be for pick-up or delivery?"
2. Andrew...I love you.
3. Habibi, what should I make for dinner?
4. Thank You, God, for ......
5. I hate my life (I never say this out loud, though)

5 comments:

  1. Now that poop-sniffing skill is one I bet you never thought you'd have or need but one that has come in handy more times than not! Thank you for tagging me.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Im sorry about the dinner invite! I can pass along the recipe though!

    INGREDIENTS

    * 1 tablespoon butter
    * 1 medium onion, finely chopped
    * 6 large potatoes, peeled and diced
    * Water
    * 2 to 3 cups milk
    * 2 tablespoons butter
    * Salt and pepper to taste

    Sauté the onions in the 1 tablespoon butter in a medium saucepan over medium-high heat until softened. Add potatoes and just enough water to cook, about 1 cup. Season lightly with salt. Bring to a boil; cover and reduce heat to low. Simmer until potatoes are tender, about 15 minutes. Add the milk, remaining butter, salt and pepper to taste. Continue to cook over medium heat until hot; do not boil. With a potato masher, mash some of the potatoes right in the pot to slightly thicken the soup.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I forgot to add that we top off the soup with cheese and bacon

    ReplyDelete
  4. thanks for tagging me. Well, I'll be writing abt this soon. Ans hey, I am pooja.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hey there friend!

    I have been bad about blogging lately and instead have been opting to try and catch up on sleep!

    Thanks for the tag! This is my first tag! Wow! I will work on this.
    Take care,
    Julie

    ReplyDelete