12.26.2008

Greetings from PA!

Well, we got through the 8 hour drive this morning. It's funny how your home town looks different every time you return (especially when you return as infrequently as I do). What used to be a bit of a second-class city has turned into a bedroom community for Philly. And traffic sure reflects that statement - a few years ago it'd take half an hour to get to Dietrich's Meats. Today? Close to an hour. So, while the neighborhoods have grown here, the streets systems have yet to catch up.

Andrew's having the time of his life, he's discovered his nanny's treasure trove of old Super NES games. He's currently banging away at Mario Paint. I don't care, as long as he's quiet.....

Nanny and Poppop are thrilled to see their grandson. At least, when they're not wondering where his "Off " switch is. :)

Hope you've all had a great Christmas. :)

5 comments:

  1. I hope you had a wonderful Christmas. I grew up in PA

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'll second that comment; things do look differently now!

    I'm glad to hear that you and Andrew made the journey in one piece.

    Hi from North Carolina (soon to be in South Carolina!)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I hope you had a very Merry Christmas and have a Happy New Year.

    ReplyDelete
  4. We moved to The Middle of Nowhere from Pottsgrove, PA! How 'bout the new outlet mall on 422?!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Well, at least you can still go, we were back and I wanted to pass through Cleveland on our travels, but it was not meant to be, I guess, never made it. Havent been back there since 1987. Still keep in touch. Did get to see our grandkids, though, smart-alecs that they are. They behaived pretty well, though we were impressed.

    ReplyDelete