2.23.2009

7 Weeks

Doesn't this picture just make you want to weep? Or is it just my hormones? My baby finally looks a little like a baby - no more tail! Woo-hoo!

Speaking of hormones, this week at church was embarrassing. I thought I teared up at worship before, but yesterday the pastor had an altar call, and the band was playing some Chris Tomlin, and it was all I could do not to sob all over the place. Poor Yasar, staunchly standing next to me praying for me to keep it together.

This week has been fairly uneventful. The only real food issue has been with Trent's breakfast burrito post, which caused me to run right out to Walmart and pick up some tortillas and turkey sausage. Yasar and Andrew both enjoyed them, too. Score one for the home team! Also, while at Wallyworld, I picked up the newest What to Expect book, which has a bunch more information that the previous one. And we took the time to browse around the baby clothes at Kohl's. (sigh).

Which brings me to my dilemma. Yasar and I have agreed (he more reluctantly so) to wait until delivery to know which flavor we're having. But it's going to be hard, because we're going to be thrift shopping for clothes and other things. I'm not too fond of yellows and greens. Has anyone else gone through this and been successful? Can I count on the Salvation Army to have a decent selection of both boys and girls clothes on short notice? Or should I just suck it up, find out the gender, and outfit accordingly? What are your thoughts?

1 comment:

  1. Mystery is good, and white works well too!

    You'll have plenty of time to paint & decorate later.

    The only people you'll really tick off is the shower people...

    ReplyDelete