6.20.2008

Marhaba!

A week ago, I would have sworn that the only thing Facebook is good for is wasting your time with childish popularity games (none of which I'd have won, not much has changed here since high school - except that I'm okay with it now). But a few days ago I was contacted by Yasar's cousin, Rami. Out of the blue, he had no idea that I was Yasar's wife, but he was willing to take that risk. And it's great to watch this get biggerBiggerBIGGER by the moment.

It's been an incredible thing, seeing Yasar with a light in his eyes again. It's been 13 years since he emmigrated from his homeland! 13 years since he's seen his 2 brothers, 1 sister, and his cousins, neices, nephews, uncles, aunts, old friends. 3 years since he's seen his parents. I can't imagine how that eats at his soul. But Rami, you couldn't have shown up at a better time!

So here's a shout-out to all of our family in the Middle East and around the world. We miss you, and we think about you often, and we pray that someday soon we'll be able to see you and give you a giant hug!

Rami, from the bottom of my heart, shukrain.

No comments:

Post a Comment