10.12.2009

The Due Date is Dun.

Leila's day.

I awoke to the smells of pepperbeef slowly cooking in the crockpot.

Showered. Got my early morning grocery run in.

Arranged the desserts. Loaded the boys and the food into the car.

Off to the hospital.

Met up with Julie at the door. She let us into the break room. Helped me plug in the crockpot and spread out the goodies.

She got paged to go catch a baby. That kind of hurt, thinking it could have been me. Should have been.

Had a chance to hug my new friend and fellow DBM D'Anna. The latest in this incredible support system that has sprung from UVMC for me.

Anita showed up with these beautiful mums. The kind that always remind me of grempop's garden. Pink, yellow, deepest scarlet.

And a gift.

It's called "Safe in the Arms of Jesus". And it made me cry.

Saw my nurse Darla, and introduced her to my daughter. Thanked her - without her, I wouldn't have that tiny urn that means so much to me. Hugs. More tears.

And bumped into Dr. Ocampo, still in her baby-catching gear. She remembered me (amazing, since this woman - no, this saint - has a huge clientele). More hugs and words of encouragement.

And we went off to the Healing Garden (which used to be the hospital courtyard) to take the pictures that Anita knew meant the world to me. Pictures of Andrew and Leila. And Yasar and his daughter.Afterward we had the pleasure of Anita and her husband Chuck's company at El Rancho Grande. We were there for hours, and yet it passed in a blink. God, thank you for bringing these amazing people into my life!

And then a visit from Christine. She brought this delicate little rose plant. Tiny pink roses. Just the same color I imagine Leila's lips to be.

The only thing I needed to make this day perfect would have been a hug from Nikki. But I expect to collect one of those soon. :)

God, you are soverign. You knew exactly who I would need in my life to get through this horrible time. I thank You so much for providing these, and so many others, who continually lift me up and help me walk. Who allow me to express myself without judgement. Who are always eager to assist in any way. I pray that you rain blessings on those people.

And I pray that You will help me pass Your blessing on to others. To help others walking this path, all the while pointing to You. You know who I have on my heart right now. I pray that you'll be with her and her husband, show her that, while this road sucks, it has moments of beauty and peace. That we can grow from this experience, and reflect Your love through our actions. And that, despite the pain of losing our babies, all things work together for Your purpose.

Amen.

6 comments:

  1. Absolutely everything about this day was beautiful. You did good mom!

    I hope that tomorrow you will find peace in knowing that this day is finally better than it was a year ago. I know how healing it was for me to say that!

    Hugs,
    Trisha

    ReplyDelete
  2. My God is an awesome God and I know he is helping you to heal.
    Take care & God Bless.

    ReplyDelete
  3. You are such an amazing person! What a beautiful way to celebrate your sweet, beautiful baby daughter! I know that it is not an easy road at all, but God is working through you to touch others and your strength and faith are such an inspiration to all of us!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm so glad that Leila's due date was a peaceful day for you~ It sounds like the day was lovely and I know Leila was looking down and was very proud of you and how you turned what could've been a pity party day into a day full of honoring her memory in a joyous way...

    ((HUGS))

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful, Emily! Check your email. :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. God bless you for doing something wonderful on Leila's day.

    ReplyDelete