10.24.2009

Mi Vida (not so) Loca

I wish I could think of something to blog about.

Lots going on, nothing notable enough for its own blog post.

The weather finally turned to autumn.

Not that I'm a huge fan or anything. Just sick of the vacillating.

I lost 3.4 lbs in my first week at Weight Watchers. Ho-hum. The last time I did WW, my first week's loss was in the neighborhood of 8 lbs. My body's doing some wonky things right now.

My friend in Arizona is about to have her baby, and it's hard to face it. So me, being the great friend that I am, I haven't been dealing with it.

Still family tensions.

Homeschool's going well. Andrew's enjoying the challenge of first grade curriculum.

Not pregnant.

Had another pizza restaurant open in town this week, causing some stress in Hubs. I jokingly say he's well on his way to his first MI. Ha, ha, (not so) funny.

All our plans for this weekend have been a wash, blame the weather and H1N1.

Reading The Thorn Birds for the eighty-gazillionth time.

I'm attending a Bible Study on Wednesday nights with a few other women, and I can't express how satisfying that it. There's something about women getting together in the Name of the Lord that always turns out amazing.

Making a new angel-baby blanket using Granny Squares. It's definitely experimental, but at the same time fun. And useful, for it's hard to snack while crocheting.

Just the dribs and drabs of my life. Hope yours is more interesting. Or not, depending how you like it.

5 comments:

  1. You should be really proud of yourself for all you are accomplishing. 3.4 lbs is great! And, in the midst of everything that you're enduring, you are homeschooling your son. I think you are an amazing woman! And, just to make you feel better. I have avoided all of my friends who have had babies since I lost Ella. I haven't seen any of them! Hang in there!

    ReplyDelete
  2. The older I get, the harder it is to lose weight, 3.4 sounds like a lot to me! Be proud.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congrats on the weight loss! It may not be as much as before but you are now 3.4 lbs less and that calls for a pat on the back!

    So glad the little guy is doing well in school-he has an amazing teacher!

    babyparmore.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. 3 lbs in a week is great!! There is something special about women gathering together for the Lord. I know I always enjoy it.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I am so glad to hear that the homeschooling is going well. He is an adorable little boy.

    ReplyDelete