10.28.2009

My Hollywood Moment

Remember that movie, It Could Happen to You? Nicholas Cage as the good cop, Bridget Fonda as the penniless waitress?


All afternoon, Fonda's voice was chiming in my head....

"I just went bankrupt, right before I came to work."

Took me forever to figure out what movie it was.

Anyway. Today, that was my life.

I just went bankrupt, and then went to work.

It sucks. After 5 years of owning our business, to hear the trustee declare us asset-less. "No asset case". After 5 years, we didn't have anything worth liquidating.

Disturbing. Depressing.

My big Hollywood moment. Bridget, I can totally relate.

2 comments:

  1. Each day is a new beginning. You will start the rest of your life tomorrow. It's okay to fail, I have been there many times. God is good and he will take care of you.
    A new door will open, go ahead and walk through it. God Bless.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm sorry. :( I wish things weren't so bad these days.

    Sidenote: I've never seen that move.

    ReplyDelete