8.26.2008

School Daze

So many of my friends and fellow bloggers have reported that their kids are back in school, or headed back this week, and how that's influencing their lives. There's been so much anticipation...heck, I even have a friend who gleefully reports the number of days/hours until her kids start every time I see her (we won't dog her, she's got three at home and a man working over-the-road). So why don't I feel the same?

It's disconcerting to look at our calendar for September. Andrew's only 4-going-on-5, but he's already got such a full agenda. Dance classes, AWANAS, preschool, weekly McD's mommy meets, almost-weekly outings with Riverside, Lowe's Build & Grows every other Saturday. It's enough to make a grown-up want to crawl in bed and duck under the covers, I'm anxious to see how he'll do it all. Thank God he's a far more social individual than his mom, he really thrives on interacting with others.

So I look on the month of September with mild trepidation. I'm so happy he'll be busy and doing things he loves, but at the same time I'm worried that, at the ripe old age of 4, he'll start to feel the burnout. He's always been happiest when he's busy, and much more manageable when he has something to look forward to, so I just pray that this coming month is filled with blessings for him and maybe a little strength and stamina for his mom.

No comments:

Post a Comment