8.21.2009

3 Months Later - Where Am I Now?

It amazes me that three months has passed already.

Mostly, I'm okay.

I set aside my time to cry, when I know I'm going to be alone.

There are some projects in the works to keep me busy.

I still miss my little girl very, very much....


...but, right now, at this very moment, it doesn't feel so debilitating.

That's not to say that those horrible tears won't be back 5 minutes from now.

Grief can be so unpredictable, that's the hell of it.

But grief doesn't seem to be my main focus anymore.

Lots of pots in the fire right now.

The most pressing at the moment being Tiger.

He's very sick. And we need your prayers.

"Pancreatitis", the vet says.

He's lost so much weight. Vomitting. Diarrhea. Dehydration.

Large vet bills at the most inopportune time.

Yes, he's "just a cat", but we love him like family.

And losing him would just be another blow.

A swift kick to someone desperately trying to stand up.

9 comments:

  1. Glad to hear you are finding your way a little easier these days. One day at a time...

    So sorry about your kitty. Sending you lots of prayers for a speedy recovery.

    xo

    ReplyDelete
  2. We have a cat, Delilah, that is family to us...I never say to people "its just an animal!" I hope Tiger gets better and I will say a prayer for him...

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh I hope that Tiger gets better!

    I am glad that you are doing ok. It definitely can be unpredictable.

    ReplyDelete
  4. And a beautiful girl she is. (hugs)

    There is no such thing as "just a cat". Your pets are a part of your family. I pray he pulls through.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I definately understand that our pets are our children. I'm so sorry your kitty is sick. I'll say a prayer for Tiger. That's a beautiful picture of Leila.

    ReplyDelete
  6. He's not "just a cat", I get that! So sorry.

    ReplyDelete
  7. giving Tiger many the well wishes from me and my furry family

    ReplyDelete
  8. I will lift Tiger up in my prayers. I know how important they are in our lives. God hear my prayers.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Big hugs! Yesterday marked two months...two months ago, my niece was born and two months ago, my niece died.

    My puppy is my furbaby and when she is sick, I'm sad...she is in no way just a pet!

    babyparamore.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete