7.10.2009

Betrayal

My body is out to get me.

Last night we took my son and his friend to the park. I was spinning them on the merry-go-round, and decided to jump on. I ended up getting dragged halfway around, and have the sprained ankle to prove it.

About a week ago I was chasing Andrew around the house. Went to cut a turn, my body went "uh-UH!" and I slammed into the wall. Got some carpet burn from that one.

When did my body stop reacting the way I expect it to?

Oh, and the ultimate treason. Pushing my little girl into the world too early. Sabotaging my happiness and emotional state. Making me hate the skin I live in.

I feel like I don't know myself anymore. My reflexes no longer cater to my whims.

I'd like my heavenly body now. Please?

4 comments:

  1. Yep, some people have trouble getting pregnant while others have problems staying pregnant. I get ticked off at my faulty equipment all the time...

    I hope all of your recent physical injuries heal soon, while I know all the emotional ones will take a lifetime...

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have to agree with you..I cant tell you how many times I tell myself..STOP and my body just keeps walking or whatever...I wont mention talking about trying to hold urine anymore....

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think it has something to do with child birth or pregnancy, because my body ias falling apart and I am only 30!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. A lot of that is called age as much as I don't want to admit it. The key is to stay active. Have a great day.

    ReplyDelete